The update of the R4i 1.43 can be done using the DSi or DS Lite version that is less than 1.43. Here the steps to be followed:
- 1. Use only the console if it is fully charged or keep it charged while you use it.
- 2. Put the memory card into the USB keyed card reader that you can get from the Pack R4i SDHC.
- 3. Insert the card reader to the computer’s USB port.
4. Format your memory card.
- Note: Find the memory card icon by clicking on “Start” at the bottom left on your screen and choose “My Computer.” Right click on the memory card’s icon and choose “Format.”
- 5. Click on “FAT 32” and “Quick format” then choose “Start.”
- 6. Make sure to download only the latest version of R4i.
- 7. Extract the files from the zip folder.
Note: Download winzip or winrar software to extract the files.
(You should expect to find the elements named moonmemo, R4iMenu, moonshl2, and R4-‘date.’?
- 8. Copy all the elements.
Note: Click-drag all the elements, right click on them and click on “Copy.”
- 9. Save the elements in the memory card.
Note: Right click on the memory card and click on “Paste.”
- 10. Safely eject the memory card from the computer and transfer it to the R4i SDHC as what you can see in the photo.
- 11. Use the R4i SDHC on the console by inserting it to the device.
- 12. Press the power button of the console.
- 13. Click on the icon that appears on the screen, usually appearing as a game image.
- 14. Click on the Setup icon similar to what is in the photo. It is found at the right side of the screen.
- 15. Choose “Upgrade.”
- 16. Press “Start.”
- Note: The R4i SDHC 1.42 version, the old one, is at the top of the screen, while the newer version, R4i SDHC 1.43, is found below the screen.
- 17. Do not do anything until you receive an update confirming that the update is done successfully.
- 18. Restart the console.
- 19. Press the console’s power button to restart it.
- 20. You are already using an R4i SDHC that works with version 1.4.3 of your console.
Buy R4i SDHC 3DS Flash Cards »